You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Random Ramblings’ category.
The first line of the first post from each month of 2009. Done divinely by David. We’ll see how mine goes.
January: Another new year, and time once again to look at our attitudes and habits.
February: There doesn’t seem to be a lot of middle ground when it comes to speaking in tongues.
March: Now that my Tony has turned into a large, loud, smelly tom cat it’s time to visit the vet.
April: I think faith often starts in childhood.
May: I haven’t forgotten or abandoned you guys, and I’m not really missing, just quiet.
June: When someone says “God” what image comes to mind?
July: I’ve been playing with my new digital camera lately.
August: Reading her ad, she realized the dress had survived the past twelve years better than she had.
September: You big dummy, why didn’t you let us know you were hurting?
October: Sorry it’s been so long. I found this stupid farming game on Face Book… (forgive me, but I am sooooo bored) …well that and dozens of relatives.
November: This, my brothers and sisters in Christ, is how we make God smile.
December: She was somewhere between thirteen and fifteen years old, and she never used a computer, talked on the phone, or rode in a car.
Hmm, it’s been quite a year.
I’m going to spare you the view of the left side. Ick.
For the next six weeks I get to play with a new toy and crutches, for as long as I need them.
Oh well, at least I can get up the stairs on the deck now.
Sorry it’s been so long. I found this stupid farming game on Face Book… (forgive me, but I am sooooo bored) …well that and dozens of relatives.
I saw the Dr. Wednesday, and he’s happy with my progress. I am recovering nicely and getting my strength back, but I get to be a paper weight for four more weeks, because I’m still not allowed to put any weight on it.
The “gas cap” is for my bone growth stimulator.
… yup, I messed up good, and…
…looks like I’ll be taking some time off work.
Thank God for my wonderful husband, who is caring for me, and bought me a rolling desk chair, so I can get around a bit.
You big dummy, why didn’t you let us know you were hurting? You have friends who would forgive you anything, and do our best to help you get through anything. You made the one decision that leaves us totally helpless. The store is so quiet, people with swollen eyes and weak smiles, trying to hide our sorrow and the thoughts we can’t help but have. Did I in some way contribute to the pain you could no longer bear? Was there something I could have done to help? You’ve left so many questions without answers. Why Ray? What made you decide this was the only way?
I have every confidence, my friend that we will meet again, some day. Right now I don’t know if I want to hug you or knock you on your butt, probably both, and each just as heartfelt. Until then, rest in Him, and enjoy the peace you couldn’t find here with us.
On Wednesday, September 2, Ray R. Vickers Jr. took his own life. He was a good man and my coworker and friend. He is already much missed.
1. Who was your first prom date? I skipped prom to give birth.
2. Do you still talk to your first love? Yes, and that’s all I have to say about that.
3. What was your first alcoholic drink? Jack Daniels (yeah, I know)
4. What was your first job? cooking at Sonic
5. What was your first car? 1975 Dodge Dart
6. Who was the first person to text you today? Tracfone, to let me know my minutes had updated
7. Who is the first person you thought of this morning? I was feeling selfish, so it was me.
8. Who was your first grade teacher? I can’t remember her name, but I almost quit school the first day, because she didn’t teach me to read.
9. Where did you go on your first flight in a plane? Lubbock
10. Who was your first best friend and do you still talk? Marty, yes
11. Where was your first sleepover? my granny’s
12. Who was the first person you talked to today? I told Sister dog to stop whining until I got my eyes more than half open.
13. Whose wedding were you in for the first time? mine
14. What was the first thing you did this morning? let the dogs out
15. What was the first concert you went to? I went with my mother to see Little Jimmy Dickens.
16. First tattoo?
17. First piercing? nice, normal ear piercing
18. First foreign country you went to? Japan
19. First movie you remember seeing? Wizard of Oz
20. What state did you first live in? Texas
21. Who was your first room-mate? I’ve never had a room-mate.
22. When was your first detention? Junior year
23. If you had one wish, what would it be? for everyone to know the love of my Lord and Savior.
24. What is one thing you would learn, given the chance? I would like to read music.
25. Who will be the next person to post this? Your guess is as good as mine.
I’ve been playing with my new digital camera lately. It sucks, but some of the pictures are still worth sharing.
I haven’t forgotten or abandoned you guys, and I’m not really missing, just quiet. It’s kind of dark in my world right now, and it’s taking awhile to work through it. I don’t get down often, so my coping skills are lacking.
My friend thinks it’s grief, and she may be right, but I still don’t know what to do with it.
I’ll be back on the “swing” soon.
Angela issued a challenge, by saying no one would do this, so here’s mine. 😉
FILL IT OUT! Learn 44 things about your friends, and let them learn 44 things about you!
1. Do you like blue cheese? Yummy!
2. Do you scuba dive? I did,
twen a number of years ago, but can’t anymore because of my asthma.
3. Do you own a gun? I have, but don’t now. I am thinking about getting a shotgun for snakes and coyotes.
4. What flavor of Kool Aid was your favorite? Pink Lemonade
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor’s appointment? I’m more likely to get irritable.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Quick, easy, and filling, who could ask for more?
7. Favorite Christmas movie? “A Christmas Carol” the 1951 version.
8. Favorite thing to drink in the morning? COFFEE!!
9. Can you do push ups? Not even on a bet.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? Diamond earrings Doug got me “just because”
11. Favorite hobby? Painting
12. Do you have A.D.D.? More like OCD
13. Ever saved someone’s life? Yes
14. Middle name? Dawn
15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment. I’m tired. I’m glad my internet is working. The little chewy cat may have to die.
16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Coffee, water, Mocha latte
17. How many siblings do you have? Five, all brothers
18. Current dislike right now? Laundry
19. Favorite place to be? Home
20. Favorite seafood? Lobster
21. Where would you like to go? Jerusalem
22. Name three people who might complete this: I seriously doubt any will.
23. Do you own slippers? Red-neck women don’t do slippers.
24. What shirt are you wearing? None, I’m in my nightie.
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, and it’s a good thing. Cat and dog claws are heck on them.
26. Can you whistle? No 😦
27. Favorite colors? Yellow
28. Would you be a pirate? And have to run around without my makeup and hair products! Not happening.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? Whatever I’m practicing for church.
30. Favorite girl’s name? Nela
31. Favorite boy’s name? Timothy
32. What’s in your pocket right now? No pockets
33. Last thing that made you laugh? My Husky/Lab rolling on his back, being cute and funny
34. What vehicle do you drive? A paid for (which is the best part) 95 Ford Escort wagon
35. What’s your worst injury? A broken tail bone
36. Do you love where you live? Love might be a bit strong. I do love my house.
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3
38. Who is your loudest friend? Otica!
39. Do you have any pets? 3 dogs, 3 cats, and a bird
40. Does someone have a crush on you? Oh, I hope not. Who has the energy?
41. Your favorite radio station? KLTY
42. Do you collect anything? Cats, dolphins, and from the look of things today, dust
43. Would you rather be in the mountains or at the beach? Mountains!
44. What songs do you want played at your funeral? “Home” by Chris Daughtry, “Amazing Grace (My Chains are Gone)”, and “Softly and Tenderly“